Principal Social Workers
The network is attended by Adults Principal Social Workers of the 14 Local Authorities within the West Midlands and in other employment settings a principal or lead social worker.
The network will be responsible for:
- agreeing a programme of work
- fostering collaboration and learning from good practice across the network
- maintaining the focus of the network on its agreed purpose and role
The overarching purpose of the West Midlands Principal Social Worker (PSW) Network is to work together as a group of Principal Social Workers to support a region where social work practice is based on a person's strengths and that this promotes independence and supports people in achieving better lives.
The role of the network will be to:
- Provide practice leadership to Social Workers and social care staff
- Work together to achieve change
- Learn together to ensure continuous improvement
- Support and challenge one another as peers